Follow My Blog

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Provincetown Moon










Yesterday I took a trip to Provincetown to drop off a painting and visit my friend, Irene. We went for a walk in the dunes at Race Point on a gloriously sunny and calm day.  She swore me to secrecy regarding the exact location, so the whole world doesn't show up there all of a sudden ;)
As we left the dunes around 3pm we could already see the full moon, which is the first of two this month. The other will be the 'blue moon' at the end of December. After I left her house I had to keep stopping and jumping out of the car to shoot photos. What is it about the moon that is so mesmerizing? Each time I see a moon rise it's as though it's the first time and each time I visit Provincetown, I feel the same way. Mystical and magical. The edge of the world. I decided to post my photos, without PhotoShop enhancement.

5 comments:

Christine Stonebridge said...

Great pics! P-Town will always have a place in my heart... I feel the same way about the moon ~ as a little girl I remember I used to like to think that it followed me :) I'm still infatuated by it. xoxo!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh! Ahhh! Spectacular photos! You're right. I'm mesmerized by the moon every time I see it. I took some more pics today. Another lovely blog you have here. Thanks for telling me about it.

Hugs,
Paz

Anonymous said...

And all?

Patry Francis said...

Nothing quite like a Ptown moon!

DJ said...

Wow...beautiful shots...from one moon-lover to another...