Follow My Blog

Monday, July 17, 2006

It's Like A Heat Wave

I am revealing my boomer roots when I use old song titles for my posts. I believe that song was by Martha and the Vandellas. Circa the sixties. Well, today was a scorcher as they say. We are only a block from the ocean and it's usually a bit cooler here. NOT. 97* That's HOT. I have succumbed, happily I might add, to the New England version of central air conditioning which is multiple window units, and I'm usually quite content to stay inside with my creature comforts but today when I went out to water the plants, there was a definite seabreeze. I could tell that it was a beach day. I ran to the market to get the hot meatloaf dinner for the hubby. No cooking for this girl and I ran home to hit the sand. I set up my CVS umbrella (of dubious quality) and lounged in a beach chair for the afternoon with a book about Eugene O'Neill and the inception of the Provincetown Players. My hubby came to visit for about an hour before returning home to the King's chair and cable, while I stayed until 6:30 and then picked it all up and went home. By the time I made it down the street I was as hot and sweaty as I ever have been and when I walked through the door of my house, heading straight for the shower, I thanked the Good Lord for cheap air conditioners. Tomorrow, I'm going back.

7 comments:

rdl said...

wish i was there!! i know i know i never shoulda moved. :D

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Amen and if I had any way of talking you out of it, I would have :D

rdl said...

:D have i told you lately - i love you?? :D

Anonymous said...

I think you're a kick-ass artist, too.
Kelley :)

Patry Francis said...

Sounds like a perfect day--and a good book, too!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

so nice to see you all here.
Thanks for the comments.
rdl-backatcha
Kelley thanks honey.
Patry, thanks for visiting and I love your waitress stories!!

Christine Stonebridge said...

Maaa-waaaa! Wish I was there too. Great picture!